5.02.2010

182: Clash of the Titans

Clash of the Titans (PG-13) - 2010 - Runtime: 106 minutes
Starring: Sam Worthington, Ralph Fiennes, Liam Neeson
Director: Louis Letterrier

I don't care what people say, this movie was just pure popcorn fun. You don't have to think to much, the action is stellar and the cast is pretty good (and good lookin' - I'm looking at you Gemma Arterton). I'm really glad I did not see this in 3D. I think it would have been too distracting. I can't imagine watching any movie that was retro-fitted with 3D. Thank god they abandoned that choice with Iron Man 2!

So the story is about Perseus, the illegitimate child of Zeus. If you don't know the story, well, you must have not paid any attention in English, because it's your typical, dad is a god and wants you to save the world from his brother who happens to be lord of the underworld story. The plot's not necessarily the best part of the movie, but it's sufficient and I think Ralph Fiennes is thoroughly creepy as Hades. Liam Neeson is pretty spot on too and Sam Worthington has pretty much took over Gerard Butler's sandals after he abandoned the action genre because he wanted to beef up his estrogen fanbase.

The action scenes are great - particularly the giant scorpions and the kraken. Both were pretty slick-looking and had me engaged. I love the world they created with this movie - Greek mythology is always fascinating and I thought the movie did a good job at blending the cheese with the serious action. Like I said, it was a fun ride that was definitely worth seeing on the big screen.

Rating: See It!

No comments: