4.30.2010

182: Two Weeks Notice

Two Weeks Notice (PG-13) - 2002 - Runtime: 101 minutes
Starring: Hugh Grant, Sandra Bullock
Director: Marc Lawrence

Before Grant was sucking it up with SJP in Did You Hear About the Crappy Morgan's Movie They Made and before Sandra Bullock lathered on a sloppy southern accent to win an undeserved Oscar (yes, I'm still bitter), they actually made a decent romantic comedy! Believe it or not, I'm a sucker for these kinds of movies. And I'm pretty confident that this one pretty much nailed it.

You have a perfect formula: Hugh Grant, playing, well Hugh Grant, and Sandra Bullock playing the highly geeky, but nevertheless charming, opposite who both find they cannot possibly live without each other in their lives. It's pretty easy to see where this is going: Bullock finds herself landing a job for the evil Hugh Grant, who owns a terrible big corporation who doesn't like the environment. And after a few years, she finally gives her two weeks notice because she can't take anymore of Grant's shenanigans. So romance and comedy collide. It's an unstoppable force for me - and as much as I over dramatized the plot, it's good and quite funny at times. The characters work and there is some good chemistry with the two leads. It's a great little rom-com that I found myself really enjoying - if it was playing on TV I'd probably sit down and watch it.

Rating: Rent It!

No comments: