1.14.2010

182: Paper Heart

Paper Heart (PG-13) - 2009 - Runtime: 88 minutes
Starring: Charlyne Yi, Michael Cera
Director: Nicholas Jasenovec

I really don't know what to think about this movie. At first, it was going to be a documentary about love - but I think it really didn't work out - so they decided to make a mockumentary about love. It's a very blurry line between what's real and what's not, Yi and Cera did date for like three years, up until when the movie was released, but their relationship in the movie is pure fiction.

I enjoyed some parts of the movie while at times I felt like it was too much. It was especially hard to watch when both of them did not want to be on camera. It was pretty boring at times, too. There are some funny moments, Cera is always awkwardly funny. And I enjoyed most of the time spent interviewing other couples or people about love. Those were the best moments in the film. And as far as the ending goes - it was completely weird and felt out of place. I thought I might enjoy this movie but I ended up being disappointed.

Rating: Not Worth Paying For

No comments: