1.14.2010

182: Avatar

Avatar (PG-13) - 2009 - Runtime: 162 minutes
Starring: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver
Director: James Cameron

This is a movie that must be experienced in the theaters, in 3D. I don't think any other medium would do it justice. Sure the story is fairly simple (and definitely not the most original) and the characters are pretty flat, but the world that James Cameron has created is possibly the most gorgeous I've seen in any movie. The 3D technology is the best, too. There were times where I actually thought I could touch some plants in the movies - it's that good! I know, I sound like such a dork - but the movie is pretty fantastic. It's epic and you do get caught up in the story because it follows almost every epic storyline to the T.

So most everyone has seen this movie - right now, it's on the verge of overtaking Star Wars after this weekend for the third highest-grossing film of all time domestically. It's already second worldwide. Yeah the ticket prices are higher, but it's still pretty amazing. If you haven't seen it - go and see it before it leaves theaters, because I'm sure it won't be as exciting as it would while watching it in a darkened theater with a bunch of people.

Rating: See It!

No comments: