3.08.2010

182: Spice World

Spice World (PG) - 1998 - Runtime: 98 minutes
Starring: umm, the Spice Girls, duh!
Director: Bob Spiers

You have to take this movie with a grain of salt. This isn't a masterpiece, but this isn't the worst movie ever made, either. So why this movie? Well, Maggie absolutely loves the Spice Girls. And I decided during this whole project that she could get one movie that I must see. And this is it. I will admit that I was dreading the idea of sitting down and watching this movie.  But I actually enjoyed the movie for the most part. Don't get me wrong - this is more of an extended music video than an actual movie. It's pretty much The Beatles' Hard Days Night with hot chicks instead of fine-cut British lads.

I won't try to elaborate on the plot (what plot?) because, well, there is none. However, there is an abundance of funny moments and off-the-wall crazy, absurd scenes that it made me laugh. Having Meat Loaf as their tour bus driver was genius and the girls are so vapid and dumb that it works as a pretty funny satire. And while I'm not in love with the Spice Girls, I do enjoy their singles they released in the 90s. So if you absolutely hate the Girls, this movie is not for you. There is some insanely weird shit going on in this movie at times (aliens!) so there were times where I just wanted to fast forward. But in general, I had a good time and it doesn't hurt that they are all pretty ladies that are easy on the eyes.

So, if you like the Spice Girls, this is pretty good. Otherwise, you might as well pass this up.

Rating: Rent It! (who knew I would give this rating?)

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I'm so glad that this was Maggie's Pick.